|Ingredients READ ALL FOOD LABELS TO ENSURE NO HIDDEN GLUTEN|
2 Cups GLUTEN FREE all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon GLUTEN FREE baking powder
1 1/2 Teaspoons Xanthan Gum
2 Teaspoon sugar
1/2 Teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Cup margarine
2/3 Cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a bowl stir together flour, Xanthan gum, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar, and salt.
3. Cut in margarine till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4.Make a well into the center; add milk all at once.
6. Stir just till dough clings together.
7. On a lightly flour surface, knead dough gently for 10 to 12 strokes.
8. Roll or pat dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
9. Cut with a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter, dipping cutter in flour between cuts.
10. Transfer biscuits to baking sheet.
11 . Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 10.
12. For cheese biscuits 1/2 cup shredded cheese can be added to mixture