|Ingredients READ ALL FOOD LABELS TO ENSURE NO HIDDEN GLUTEN|
2 Cups GLUTEN FREE all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon GLUTEN FREE baking powder
1 1/2 Teaspoons Xanthan Gum
2 Teaspoon sugar
1/2 Teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Cup margarine
2/3 Cup milk
½ c. shredded cheese
1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a bowl stir together flour, baking powder, Xanthan gum, sugar, cream of tartar, and salt.
3. Cut in margarine till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Make a well into the center; add milk and cheese all at once.
5. Stir just till dough clings together.
6. On a lightly flour surface, knead dough gently for 10 to 12 strokes.
7. Roll or pat dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
8. Cut with a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter, dipping cutter in flour between cuts.
9. Transfer biscuits to baking sheet.
10. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 10.