|Ingredients READ ALL FOOD LABELS TO ENSURE NO HIDDEN GLUTEN|
2 Cups GLUTEN FREE all purpose flour
1 – ½ teaspon GLUTEN FREE baking powder
1 1/2 Teaspoons Xanthan Gum
½ teaspoon baking soda
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/4 Cup cold butter or margarine
½ Cup milk
½ c cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree.
2. Measure flour, baking powder, baking soda, Xanthan gum, and salt,
3 .Stir these ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
4. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into dry ingredient until mixtures resembles coarse crumbs.
5. In a small bowl stir together milk and sour cream until mixture is almost smooth.
6. Make a well in the center of the flour mixtures.
7. Add the milk mixture all at once.
8. Using a wooden spoon stir the mixture just until the dough sticks together.
9. Using hands or wooden spoon, push dough onto a lightly floured surface.
10. Sprinkle a little flour on hands.
11. Gently knead 8 to 10 times or just until dough holds together.
12. Pat dough into ½ inch thickness or roll dough will floured rolling pin.
13. Using the edge of a clean floured knife cut dough into large diamonds or squares. (Approximately 3 inch)
14. Place on ungreased baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch space between each biscuit.
15 .Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 8.