|IngredientsREAD ALL FOOD LABELS TO ENSURE NO HIDDEN GLUTEN|
|1/3 Cup shortening
1/3 Cup margarine
2 Cups GLUTEN FREE all purpose flour
1 Teaspoon Xanthum Gum
3/4 Cup sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1 Teaspoon GLUTEN FREE baking powder
1 Teaspoon vanilla
1/4 Teaspoon salt
|1. Beat margarine and shortening with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
2. Add about half of the flour, xanthum gum, the egg, sugar, milk, baking powder, vanilla, and salt.
3. Beat till thoroughly combined.
4. Beat in remaining flour.
5. Divide dough in half.
6. Cover and chill for 3 hours.
7. On a lightly floured surface roll half of the dough at a time 1/8 inch thick.
8. Cut into desired shapes with a 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter.
9. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
10. If desired, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
11. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 7 to 8 minutes or till edges are firm and bottoms are very lightly browned.
12. Cool cookies on rack.