|IngredientsREAD ALL FOOD LABELS TO ENSURE NO HIDDEN GLUTEN|
|1 1/2 Cups GLUTEN FREE all purpose flour
1 Teaspoon Xanthum gum
1 Cups sugar
1 1/2 Teaspoon GLUTEN FREE baking powder
3/4 Cup milk
1/4 cup margarine, softened
1 Teaspoons vanilla
|1. In a bowl combine flour, xanthum gum sugar, and baking powder.
2. Add milk, margarine, and vanilla.
3. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed till combined.
4. Beat on high for two more minutes.
5. Pour into 1 greased and floured 9X 1 1/2 inch round baking pan.
6. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or till a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
7. Cool for 10 minutes.
8. Remove from pans.
|1/2 Cup shortening or margarine
1 Teaspoon vanilla
1/4 Teaspoon lemon, orange, or almond extract
2 Cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 to 2 Tablespoons milk
1. Beat shortening, vanilla, and extract with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.
2. Slowly add half of the powdered sugar, beating well.
3. Add 1 Tablespoons milk.
4. Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar and enough remaining milk to make of spreading consistency.
5. Frost cooled cake.