|2 bunches asparagus
3 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Wash and trim end of asparagus. (to remove woody ends, grab stalk of asparagus at the end that is not pointed and bend until it snaps. It will naturally snap where it stars to get tough.)
3. Arrange asparagus in baking dish.
4. Drizzle with olive oil, Parmesan Cheese and garlic.
5. Toss to coat.
6. Remove zest from lemon and add to asparagus.
7. Add juice from lemon to asparagus.
8. Bake in oven until tender, about 12 to 15 minutes
9. Season with salt and pepper