|2 Pounds of beef stew meat cut into ½ inch cubes
¼ c. all purpose flour
2 T. cooking oil
4 cups cubed potatoes
4 cups mixed (frozen peas, carrots, corn and green bean variety) vegetables
2 onions, cut into wedges
3 t. instant beef bouillon granules
¼ c. Worcestershire sauce
2 t. oregano
1 t. basil
½ t. pepper
2 bay leaves
4 cups tomato sauce
|1. Place flour in a plastic bag.
2. Add meat cubes and shake until meat is coated with flour.
3. In a large skillet brown half of the meat in 2 T of hot oil.
4. Turning to brown evenly.
5. Brown remaining meat in remaining oil.
6. Drain off fat.
7. In a large pot or crock, pot layer potatoes, vegetables, and onion.
8. Add meat.
9. Add bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, basil, pepper and bay leaf.
10. In crock pot cook on low heat for 10 to 12 hours or high heat for 5 to 6 hours.