|1 1/2 Pounds lean ground beef
2 Cans refried beans
1 Small can ortega chili peppers, drained
3 Cups shredded lowfaat cheddar cheese
2 Cups tomatoes, chopped
3 Cups shredded lettuce
8 whole grain Flour tortillas
|1. Prepare flour tortillas by frying them in hot oil until crisp tender, turning once.
2. Drain on a paper towel.
3. Brown ground beef.
4. Drain fat.
5. Mix canned refried beans with ortega chili peppers.
6 .Heat through.
7. Place bean mixture on prepared tortillas.
8. Top each with meat and then cheese.
9. Top with chopped tomatoes and lettuce.
10. Sprinkle with taco sauce. Serves 8.