|1 cup butter, soften
1 3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
1/4 cup powder sugar
|1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
4. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
5. Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir.
6. Reserve 1 1/2 cups dough and spread the rest into the bottom of the baking dish.
7. Cover this layer evenly with cherry pie filling
8. Drop rest of the dough by spoonfuls on the top of the cherry layer.
9. Gently spread to cover most the cherry pie filling.
10. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
11. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
12. Dust with powdered sugar.