|1 8-Ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
2 Tablespoons oil
2 Medium chickens, cut into pieces (about 4 1/2-5 pounds)
2 Large onions, chopped
2 Garlic cloves, minced
2 Medium Bell peppers, diced
1 Small can tomato paste
2 16-Ounce cans stewed tomatoes
1 Teaspoon all-spice
1/2 Teaspoon pepper
1/2 Teaspoon salt
4 Bay leaves
1 Teaspoon thyme, crushed
|1. Heat oil in a large skillet and cook the chicken until lightly browned on all sides.
2. Drain fat.
3. Add the onion, pepper, and minced garlic.
4. Cook until onions are tender.
5. Lower heat and add tomato paste, tomatoes, all-spice, pepper, bay leaves, thyme and salt.
6. Cover and cook slowly for about 40 minutes over low heat until or chicken is tender.
7. Remove bay leaves. 8 Servings