|1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup buttermilk, room temperature
|1. In a large bowl combine the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, oil, baking soda, and salt.
2. Add enough buttermilk to make a stiff dough.
3. Knead dough for 30 seconds on a well-floured surface.
4. Cover dough to prevent drying.
5. Roll 1/4 cup handfuls of dough into balls and pat into a flat circle.6. Using a rolling pin, flatten dough into 10 inch circles. onto un greased cookie sheet.
7.Score pieces into pie shapes by dough.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
9. Cool on wire rack briefly before breaking along scored lines.