|2 Pounds boneless tender beef steak (sirloin, rib eye, or top loin)
1/4 Cup cornstarch
1/2 Cup Teriyaki sauce, divided
2 Cloves garlic, minced
2 Cups water
2 Teaspoon vinegar
1/4 to 1/2 Teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 Tablespoons oil, divided
4 Carrots, cut diagonally into thinly slices
2 Onions, chunked and separated
2 Green peppers, chunked
|1. Cut beef across grain into strips, then into 1 1/2 inch squares.
2. Combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce, and garlic in medium bowl; stir in beef.
3. Let stand 30 minutes.
4. Mean while combine water, remaining cornstarch, teriyaki sauce, vinegar and red pepper; set aside.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in hot wok or skillet over high heat.
6. Add beef and stir fry 1 minute; remove minimmal internal temperature 145 degree for 4 seconds.
7. Heat remaining oil in the same pan.
8. Add carrots, onion, and green peppers.
9. Stir fry 4 minutes.
10. Add beef and teriyaki sauce mixture; cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens. Serves 8.