|3 1/2 to 4 Pounds rib roast, rolled rib roast, sirloin rib roast, eye of round or rolled rib roast (boneless)
2 t. paprika
½ t. dried basil
½ t. dried oregano
½ t. thyme
1 t. garlic powder
½ cup water
½ c. red wine vinegar
1 can (14 oz.) beef broth
8 med. Red potatoes
½ t. salt
¼ t. black pepper
8 carrots, cut into 1 ½ inch thick pieces
|1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Trim all visible fat from roast.
3. Place a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium- high heat.
4. Season roast with paprika, basil, oregano, thyme, and garlic.
5. Add roast to heated Dutch oven and brown all sides.
6. Remove from pan; reduce heat to medium.
7. Add onion; sauté 10 minutes.
8. Add water, vinegar, and broth; bring to boil.
9. Peel a half inch strip around each potato.
10. Stir in salt, pepper, carrots and potatoes.
11. Return roast to pan.
12. Cover and bake at 300 degree for 2 hours.
13. Thermometer reading should be between 145 degrees rare and 170 degrees. well done.Serves 8.