1 cup Quinoa
1 T. olive oil
2 cups vegetable broth
1 small red pepper diced
1/4 cup small red onion, minced
1 cup frozen sweet white corn
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 large red tomato, diced
1/4 c. fresh lemon or lime juice
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
2 T. olive oil
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse the quinoa thoroughly under cold water and drain.
2. Add 1 T. Olive oil to large saucepan. Add quinoa and stir. Heat stirring for about 3 minutes.
3. Pour in broth and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the quinoa has absorbed all the broth, about 10 minutes.
5. Cool quinoa in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes
6. In a large bowl, add quinoa, red pepper, red onion, black beans, cilantro, tomato, juice, olive oil, chili powder, cumin and stir.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.