3 cups water
2 cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon curry powder
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 teaspoon lime zest
2 limes, juiced
1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup shredded carrots
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Pour the water into a saucepan, and cover with lid.
2. Bring to a boil over high heat, then pour in quinoa, recover and continue to simmer over low heat until the water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Transfer to large mixing bowl and chill.
4. Add red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, red onion, curry powder, lime zest, lime juice, carrots, and cranberries to quinoa. Toss to coat
5. Top with cilantro and chill. Serves 8