|3 1/2 to 4 Pounds rib roast, rolled rib roast, sirloin rib roast, eye of round or rolled rib roast (boneless)
Seasonings of choice: salt, pepper, garlic powder, seasoning salt, etc.
|1/4 Cup drippings
3 Tablespoons flour
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Cups beef stock or water
|1. Preheat oven to 550 degrees.
2. Trim all visible fat from roast.
3. Place roast in a roasting pan and season well.
4. Do not cover and do not add liquid.
5. Immediately reduce heat to 350 degrees.
6. Roast 18 to 20 minutes to the pound for medium rare.
7. A rolled roast requires 5 to 10 minutes longer to the pound.
8. Thermometer reading should be between 145 degrees rare and 170 degrees. well done.Serves 8.
|1. Remove the meat from the pan.
2.Place it where it will remain hot.
3.Pour off all but 1/4 cup of drippings.
4.Blend flour into drippings.
5.Stir with a wire whisk until the flour has thickened and until the mixture is well combined and smooth.
6.Continue to cook slowly stir constantly while adding stock.
7.Cook until desired consistency.
8.Season with salt and pepper.