|8 Medium green, red or yellow peppers, tops and seeds removed
2 Pounds lean ground beef or turkey
1/2 Cup chopped onion
1 Cup whole kernel corn, drained
2 Cans tomato sauce
1 Cup cooked brown rice
1 Teaspoon salt
1/4 Teaspoon pepper
|1. In a large kettle over medium high heat, blanch peppers in boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
3. In a skillet over medium heat brown beef and onion.
5. Add onion, corn, tomato sauce, rice, salt and pepper.
6. Miix well.
7. Loosely stuff into peppers.
8. Place in a baking pan.
9. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until peppers are done and filling is internal temperature 165 degree F. Serves 8.