|4 1/2- 5 Pounds meaty chicken pieces
1 Cup pineapple preserves
1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons lite soy sauce
1/4 Teaspoon ginger
1/4 Teaspoon onion powder
1/4 Teaspoon pepper
8 green onions, bias sliced into 1 inch pieces
|1. Rinse chicken; pat dry.
2. Place chicken pieces, skin side down, on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
3. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat about 20 minutes or till lightly browned.
4. Turn chicken pieces, skin side up, and broil for 5 to 15 minutes more or till tender and no longer pink.
5. Meanwhile, for glaze, in a small saucepan stir together preserves, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, onion powder, and pepper.
6. Heat through; keep warm.
7. Stir green onion into hot cooked rice.
8. Place rice mixture on a platter.
9. Place chicken atop; spoon glaze over chicken. Serves 8.