|1. 3 Large potatoes, peeled and grated
2. 1 Large onion, grated
3. 2 Pounds lean ground beef
4. 1 Tablespoon chili powder
5. Salt to taste
6. Pepper to taste
7. 1/2 Cup salad oil
8. 16 corn tortillas
9. 1 Pound lowfat cheddar cheese shredded
10. 1 Large tomato, chopped
11. 1 Head lettuce, shredded
|1. Brown ground beef in skillet.
2. Drain off excess fat.
3. Add chili powder, salt and pepper to ground beef and mix well.
4. In a separate skillet, add 1/4 c. oil and heat to medium high
5. Add potatoes and onion and cook until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
6. Spread filling almost to edges of a tortilla; fold tortilla in half forming a half circle.
7. Heat remaining 1/4 cup oil in a skillet.
8. With a spatula, place filled tortilla in hot oil
9. Fry both sides until crisp.
10. Repeat until all tortillas are fried.
11. Open tacos slightly and stuff with cheese, tomatoes and lettuce.Serves 8.