|2 Tablespoons cooking oil
2 Pounds lean beef round, fat trimmed, cut in 1 inch cubes
4 Medium onions, sliced
1 Clove garlic
1 Tablespoon curry powder
1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
1 Teaspoon salt
1 Beef bouillon cube, crumbled
1 1/2 Cup water
1/4 Cup vinegar
1/2 Cup raisins
4 Cups cooked brown rice
1/2 Pint plain lowfat yogurt
|1. In skillet brown meat in the cooking oil.
2. Add onions and garlic and cook until slightly clear.
3. Add curry powder.
4. Stir and cook 2 to 3 minutes, being careful curry powder does not burn.
5. Stir in flour and salt.
6. Add bouillon cube, water, vinegar and raisins;stir.
7. Cover and cook over low heat until meat is tender, 2 to 2 1/2 hours, stirring several times.
8. Internal temperature must reach 165 degree F.
9. If mixture becomes too dry, an additional half cup of water may be added.
10. Cook rice according to package directions.
11. Serve with beef and top with yogurt.Serves 8