|2 pounds boneless beef op sirloin steak, cut into 1 inch thick slices, trimmed off all fat
½ Teaspoon salt
½ Teaspoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon oil
1 Large red pepper seeded and cut into thin strips
1 Large green pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
1 Cup water
1 Cup apple juice
2 Teaspoons instant beef bouillon granules
1 ½ cups whole wheat couscous
2 apples, cored and coarsely chopped
½ cup chopped peanuts
|1. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper.
2. Grill beef over medium coals until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
4. Add peppers and onions.
5. Cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add curry powder.
7. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
8. Add the water, apple juice, and bouillon granules.
9. Bring to boil. Stir in couscous and apple.
10. Cover and let stand about 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
11. To serve, fluff couscous mixture with fork.
12. Thinly slice steak across the grain.
13. Serve steak slices over couscous mixture.
14. Sprinkle with peanuts