|1/2 Cup chopped onion
1 Tablespoons canola oil
2 Eggs, beaten
1 Cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 Cups soft bread crumbs
1/4 Cup finely chopped parsley
1 Teaspoon salt
1/4 Teaspoon pepper
1/4 Teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 Teaspoon ground ginger
2 Pounds lean ground beef
2 Tablespoons flour
1 Teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules
1 1/4 Cups water
|1. Cook onion in oil.
2. In mixing bowl combine egg and evaporated milk.
3. Stir in cooked onion, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and ginger.
4. Add meat.
5. Mix well by hand or on medium speed of electric mixer.
6. Shape into 3/4 to 1 inch balls, referring to tip at right (mixture will be soft; for easier shaping, wet hands or chill mixture first).
7. In large skillet brown meatballs, half at a time.
8. Remove from skillet.
9. Stir flour, and bouillon granules into pan juices.
10. Add water.
11. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
12. Add meatballs.
13. Cover; simmer about 30 minutes, basting meatballs occasionally until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Serves 8.